You are getting tons of traffic to your website, right? Some you have set the path for them to come to your website, you are paying for some, and some you are getting from a partnership or brand evangelists.
Every website gets these 3 types of web traffic; hot traffic, warm traffic, and cold traffic, but what are these traffic and their characteristics. How can you tell which traffic is ready to buy from you? How can you tell which offer to give these 3 types of traffic?
I know what you are thinking as long traffic keeps coming to your website, what does it matter if it is hot, warm or hot?
Well, you can give the right information to the wrong traffic, and the wrong information to the right traffic, that makes little sense now right?
We will show you how to identify and group these 3 types of web traffic, how to differentiate who is ready to buy from you and who is not. How to segment each traffic into the right group and what to do to each group separately.
What are the 3 types of web traffic
- Hot Traffic
- Warm traffic
- Cold Traffic
What is Hot Traffic?
You know those people who love reading your blog post, listing to your podcast, open your email, watch your video. Yes, those are your hot traffic.
People who already know about your brand and are already engaging with your content. They know about your brand, product, or services, you have a customer’s relationship with them.
They understand the value of your brand and are aware of how your product or services can help them and they make up your 90% of your website direct visitHot traffic is like your close friends Click To Tweet
Keeping Them Hot
Your hot traffic is already familiar with your brand product what you need to do is make keep them hot and make them hotter, you want to make sure your brand remains in their mind.
- Communicate to them as you would to a friend – These are your friends, so you want to communicate with them frequently.
- Personalized driven communicate – send a personalized message, offers, and deal, also use their name when you email them.
- Introduce new/upgrade products or services – introduce a new product, services, or whatever is important to your customers, make sure there is always an upgrade.
- Let them into what is happening in your brand – people love to be part of something that grows, let them into some personal stuff like an update, upgrade, investment, millstone, and brand growth.
What is Warm Traffic
Warm traffic is those audiences who know about your product or service, but there are not buying from you. There are aware of their problem and they know where to get the solution, but they always hesitate to buy.
This traffic needs some conviction for them to engage more with your brand, sometimes they may compare you with your competitions.
Other times they don’t have the money to buy yet, time to engage more or you do not convince them enough to trust your business, or they saw you through research so they know you have a solution. They stay in between hot and cold.Warm traffic is the possible friendship or developing friendship Click To Tweet
Making Warm Traffic Hot
Warm traffic just need a little more conviction
- Customer review – show them proof of how your product has helped other customers.
- Influencer review – get influencers in your niche to write a review of your brand to boost trust
- Free trial – you want to give them a free trial as you do to cold traffic
- Re-targeted campaign – re-targeted campaign to follow them on social media can keep you in their mind.
What is Cold Traffic?
Cold traffic is your potential customers, but they don’t know who you are, how you can help them, and what you offer. Even if this traffic ends up landing on your website, they still don’t know if they can trust you.
Most times, new business and new businesses get more of cold traffic, maybe they stumble on your blog through a link, your Ads, blog post, so they do not know of how your brand, they are just seeing yours for the first time.
There are so cold that they can bounce out immediately they get on your site, your job is to convert them to hot traffic, give them the wrong impression, and they leave without a single thought.Cold traffic is your acquaintances Click To Tweet
Turning Cold Traffic Hot
If you ever want to succeed in your online business, you need to figure out how to convert cold traffic.
- Re-targeting campaign – when cold traffic goes to your website you want to send them Re-targeting campaigns
- Welcome emails – you need to start the communication immediately after they sign up to your email list, welcome them with an introduction about your brand, product, or services.
- Use data analysis to learn their behavior – use data analytic software like hotjar or Google analytics to know the new user’s behavior.
- Personalized pop-up ad/offer – send the new traffic to personalize pop-up Ad, or to a page with an introduction.
- Free trial – give them a free trial of your product.
Set The Right Environment
Setting the right environment is important for any traffic you get, make sure you have an introducing page and easy navigation that your customer can easily go around your website to learn more. Make sure your blog, or whatever page they land on is providing them with quality value.
One major key in retaining and getting new customers is by providing quality, value. Then build an excellent relationship with your customers, you can turn them cold to hot and make them hotter.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.